I haven’t been on social media much lately.
Likewise, my email responses have been somewhat sluggish. I haven’t attended any events over the past few weeks either.
Because I’m a small business owner—and admittedly a little anal retentive—I track all of my hours in a spreadsheet, and let me tell you, the weekly average took a plunge about a month ago.
Excuses could be made. But even without a new dog in our home (see adorable puppy pic to the right) and even if a family member weren’t riding a most un-fun roller coaster in a nearby hospital, I know my productivity would have dropped like thermometer mercury at this time of year.
The December doldrums are a thing…
Then again, you likely haven’t noticed my absence because you’re busy also.
Shovel-worthy weather, holiday hoopla, cumulative exhaustion from your own Year of Yes—whatever the factors, the final month of the year is the perfect time to scale back a bit and, ideally, recharge before 2019 comes charging onto the scene with a slew of new goals.
Since I don’t have time to write a long blog post and you don’t have time to read one, this handful of links to stuff I did in the not-too-distant past will have to suffice. If you have a moment between obligations to click, go for it!
If not, I completely understand.
- Fellow author and good friend Mark J. Engels and I were interviewed for Read.Write.Repeat. Listen to the podcast!
- Here’s a guest post I wrote: “When it comes to book covers, go ahead and judge.”
- Another guest post: “The dangers of stepping out of your skin.”
- Yet another guest post: “The problem with parallel novels.”
- I was also featured on Author Showcase and talked about being an “authorpreneur.” Watch the video!
- In other (non-writing) news, Ozric, gnome barbarian extraordinaire, is still fighting strong at Level 2. He recently started collecting severed heads…which is weird.
I doubt I’ll be posting to this site before the new year, so I hope you all enjoy your respective holidays.
Meanwhile, I’ll continue my valiant struggle to make significant progress on the final (yes, final!) edits to If Dreams Can Die, Book Three of The Soul Sleep Cycle.